TERMS & CONDITIONS
Before The Contestant (You) Submits The Applications And Any Forms Or Orders On Our Website, Please Read All Rules And Regulations. This Terms And Conditions (T&C) Are Imposed By VanBach International Music Competition, A Service Owned By World Classical Music Ltd (We). By Submitting The Applications And Any Forms Or Orders, You, Or Your Parents Or Legal Guardians If You Are Under The Age Of 18, Understand And Accept These Requirements, Rules And Regulations.
1. All VanBach International Music Competitions are held by online video submission eg. through YouTube upload. Applications from Contestants who are under the age of 18 must be filled and submitted by a parent or legal guardian.
2. For each competition, Contestants are permitted to submit unlimited applications. Each application must specify one category and one major within that category. If the Contestant wishes to apply for multiple major within the same category, separate applications must be submitted for each major. If the Contestant wishes to apply for multiple categories using the same or different major, separate applications must be submitted for each category. Contestants are allowed to submit multiple applications for the same major within the same category, provided that each application specifies a different piece of music. The duration of the music piece must be calculated individually for each application form and it should not exceed the duration limitation specified for that category.
3. Each application is separate and subject to application fee.
4. You can only play one musical major for each application. An additional musical major will need to be submitted as another application.
5. Some categories may allow you to submit one application for several pieces. Under this type of category, it is not compulsory that pieces are submitted within one video. You can submit separate videos for different pieces.
6. All Contestants of the competition will receive an official certificate in digital format, ready for printing. Only the Prize/Award winners are qualified to order the winner medal/CD, which is at an additional cost. All Contestants can order the paper certificate at an additional cost.
7. The competition results and decisions are final and not to be negotiated. The Jury Panel's decisions and opinions are strictly confidential and will not be published. You, or your parent or guardian if you are under the age of 18, or any representative thereof, shall not engage in any form of communication, on any subject relating to the competition decision, with any member of the Jury Panel. If you, or your parent or guardian initiates if you are under the age of 18, or on whose behalf such communication is initiated, with any jury member, you may be subject to sanctions, including but not limited to disqualification from the competition or prohibition from future participation therein.
8. Performance or work of each Contestant shall be evaluated by one or a set of adjudicators. The adjudicator or the set of adjudicators assigned may vary. Such adjudicator or such set of adjudicators shall evaluate and assign a final score which will be the result of the competition. The final score of the Contestant shall be determined by dividing the total score obtained by the Contestant by the total number of adjudicators assigned for scoring for that Contestant. We will rank and award the Contestants according to their final scores. There is no prescribed limitation on the number of recipients for each tier of awards.
9. Special awards may also be awarded based on the recommendations of the panel of adjudicators.
10. For each competition, the panel of adjudicators may vary subject to the actual needs of the competitions. We may invite special guest adjudicators to evaluate the performance or work.
11. We will publish on our website the award winners as soon as possible on or after the result date. We shall furnish Contestants with the hyperlink enabling them to procure their electronic certificates.
12. We reserve our rights to reject any application which does not meet the competition requirements or such Contestants whose application may have negative effects on our reputation.
13. The application fee is non-refundable.
14. You must submit the video before the deadline. If you are willing to change the video, you must send a clear email request with one video link before the application deadline. Any irresolute instructions, indecisive, misleading information may cause the applications refused.
15. Instrumentalists other than the piano can send their performances with or without accompaniment. In the case of having accompaniment in the video, the accompanist may not be judged.
16. The competition video submitted must contain the exact pieces for the chosen category. Submitting a long video and specifically ask to use part of it for the competition is not allowed. Doing this may cause the applications refused.
17. For the professional standard, the judgement will be made exclusively upon material received. Any personal conditions or other additional accomplishments of a Contestant must not be mentioned to jury members, and will not be considered into judging. The judgement and comments will be made exclusively upon the quality of the received Contestant's performance.
18. To ensure the fairness of the competitions, contacting a jury member through any methods for any topic or matter regarding the competitions during any stage of the competition period is strictly prohibited. Any Contestant, his/her parent or legal guardian if the Contestant is under the age of 18, who makes an attempt, or on whose behalf any attempt is made, to communicate with any member of the Jury during any stage of the competition period may face penalties such as disqualification, removing all previous award points, banning from further entries to the competition. This is also to ensure jury members give their marks without taking any external influence and pressure.
19. If the application fee has been refused, or charged back, in any case, the application will be considered as cancelled, and any previously submitted applications will be withdrawn automatically.
20. By agree to this T&C, you allow us to use your personal information included in the application form for the purpose of promoting the competitions, promoting the award winners and other similar marketing purposes. We may publish your personal information on our websites, our social media platforms, our digital or hardcopy publications, etc.
21. Any Contestant, his/her parent or legal guardian if the Contestant is under the age of 18, who do not want his/her personal information to be used by us as above must notify us within a reasonable period of time before the closing date of the competitions.
22. The winner of competitions may be asked to participate in publicity.
23. You will retain ownership of all intellectual property rights (including copyright) in your submission, but you, or your parents or legal guardian if you are under the age of 18, agree to grant us a licence to use it for the relevant competition and event and for any other purpose connected to the competitions and events.
24. The licence will last for the duration of the relevant intellectual property right and includes the right for us to:
(1) edit or modify his/her submission (including resizing, adjusting the colour and adding elements such as text);
(2) adapt it or incorporate it into other materials;
(3) sub-licence it to third parties or companies in our group to use for the purposes described in clause 2.13; and
(4) republish it (or any version modified in the way described above) on any media anywhere in the world.
25. You, or your parents or legal guardian if you are under the age of 18, confirm your submission:
(1) is your own original work and does not breach any third party’s intellectual property rights (for example, by including a company’s trade mark without permission);
(2) is not defamatory, offensive, threatening, discriminatory, distasteful, pornographic or illegal;
(3) can be submitted to us and used without breaching any contractual obligation to any person; and
(4) does not contain anything which may be confidential or commercially sensitive.
26. If your submission contains photographs or video images of people, you must ensure that you inform them that you intend to use the material for the purposes of the relevant competition and event and obtain their consent.
27. We may ask you for evidence of any such consent and reserve the right to disqualify the submission if you are unable to provide it or if we have doubts about its adequacy.
28. By agree to this T&C, you allow us to use your intellectual property for the purpose of promoting the competitions, promoting the award winners and other similar marketing purposes. We may publish your intellectual property on our websites, our social media platforms, our digital or hardcopy publications, etc.
29. Any Contestant, his/her parent or legal guardian if the Contestant is under the age of 18, who do not want his/her intellectual property to be used by us as above must notify us within a reasonable period of time before the closing date of the competitions.
30. You are not entitled to any fees for granting the licence and you are not entitled to terminate it unless we agree in writing.
31. All prize winners' teachers in our competition are eligible to join and be featured as a member of the Honorable League of Global Exceptional Teachers. If you are the teacher of a prize winner and are willing to be listed as one of the Global Exceptional Teachers, please fill in the form (which shall be accessed to after the result publishing) on our website with your title and the music institution. If you are a student filling in on behalf of your teacher, please make sure you have obtained your teacher's consent beforehand. It is applicant’s responsibility to ensure the accuracy, completeness, and reliability of the submitted information. We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by the defective information.
32. We reserve the right to change the conditions from time to time. If you, or your parents or legal guardian if you are under the age of 18, continue to use the Website (or any part thereof) following such change, the continued use shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is your responsibility, or your parents or legal guardian’s responsibility if you are under the age of 18, to check regularly to determine whether the conditions have been changed. If you, or your parents or legal guardian if you are under the age of 18, do not agree to any change to the conditions then you must immediately stop using the Website.
33. While nothing in this T&C will limit our liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for fraud, we will not be legally responsible to entrants or winners for any losses that were not foreseeable to us or to you at the time of entry to the relevant event or which are caused by a third party.
34. We may reserve all award winners’ competition information for as long as we need it for the purpose mentioned in 2.08. For any Contestant who causes damage to our brand reputation, who is in breach of this T&C and causes distress to competition staffs, adjudicators, or other Contestants, or who owes debts to us (see 3.06 for more details), we reserve the right to delete all promotion information of the Contestant and cancel the scores and ranks of the Contestant from our competition record and history.
Prizes and Free Gifts
1. The winner is responsible for any costs or expenses involved in claiming or using the prize other than those that are expressly stated as being included as part of the prize.
2. The prize may be subject to additional terms and conditions imposed by the supplier or other organisation connected to the competition and event.
3. We are not liable for any damage or loss to a prize caused by you or any third party. If a prize is damaged or fails to be delivered, we have no obligation to provide a replacement prize. For cash awards, we are not responsible for paying the bank transaction fee.
4. All physical prizes and free gifts are non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternatives will be offered.
5. It is your responsibility to ensure that the delivery address you give us is correct and accurate and that there is somebody to sign for and take delivery of the goods from the delivery service used. If the prize is returned because of the courier’s decision, or that you provided inaccurate address, or that postal service could not complete the delivery to you for whatever reason, then you will be responsible for the redelivery costs.
6. It is your responsibility to ensure that the payment for prize is successful. If your payment is charged back by your bank, you are obliged to make the payment again within three months of the charging back date, otherwise we reserves the right to delete all promotion information of you and cancel your scores and ranks from our competition record and history.
All Paid Physical Items (e.g. CD, medal, paper certificate)
1. We provide CD service and by purchase such service you will receive a CD contains audio of your submitted video performance for the competition. Please note that the CD service is currently limited to music within the public domain, except for cases where you are the composer and hold the copyright for the piece. If your recording includes performances or soundtracks by other individuals, you will need to provide authorisation for their use in CD production. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have the legal rights to use non-public domain materials in your performance. We will not be liable for any cost of damage related to third party’s intellectual property rights.
2. It is your responsibility to check and understand the product details and safety notice provided on the product pages before placing the orders. The measurements, sizes dimensions and capacities shown on the website are provided as a best estimate only variations in the manufacturing processes, the monitor settings and the computer hardware may affect the fabrics and designs of the products meaning that products delivered may have minor differences in appearance to how they are displayed and described on the website.
3. All products are subject to availability – we may not be able to supply your order.
4. We will deliver the goods ordered by you to the address you give us for delivery at the time you make the order. It is your responsibility to ensure that the delivery address you give us is correct and accurate and that there is somebody to sign for and take delivery of the goods from the delivery service used. If the prize is returned because of the courier’s decision, or that you provided inaccurate address, or that postal service could not complete the delivery to you for whatever reason, then you will be responsible for the redelivery costs.
5. All orders are delivered using a registered courier. We cannot be held responsible for any delays once the goods have left and are in possession of the courier. We are unable to guarantee the delivery time will not be affected by unforeseen issues affecting the carrier. Under these circumstances, we do not issue any form of compensation. Should the item not be delivered within the regular shipping time frame, we are pleased to offer assistance in contacting the courier for a thorough investigation. If the courier confirms that the item has been lost, we will provide you with the option to either have the item resent or receive a refund.
6. You are responsible for the goods once they have been delivered to the address specified by you when you placed your order with us. In other words, the risk in the goods passes to you when you take, or a third party notified by you takes, possession of the goods.
7. We make no promise that materials on its website are appropriate or available for use in locations outside the United Kingdom, and accessing the website from territories where its contents are illegal or unlawful is prohibited. If you choose to access this site from locations outside the United Kingdom, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
8. For customised physical item orders (e.g. items with your names on), returns and exchanges are not acceptable. You should give us accurate information asked when placing orders. You will not be able to amend the order once you have placed the order.
9. When ordering products for delivery outside of mainland UK you may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once the package reaches the specified destination. Any additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by you. Customs policies vary widely from country to country, so you should contact your local customs office for further information.
10. If you cannot receive the products for any reasons except for those caused by the UK courier, we are not obliged to rearrange the delivery or refund you.
1. Upon participation in competitions provided by World Classical Music Ltd, you hereby grant us the unequivocal consent to record, document, and display your Participation record and achievements on the ranking sections of platforms, including but not limited to the World Online Music Competitions Organization (WOMCO), accessible at www.womco.online, and the Beeffie Awards, available at www.beeffie.com. In the event of your participate and win in a number of competitions hosted by us, specific details, including your name, chosen musical instrument, and award history, may be showcased on the aforementioned platforms for a determinate period, primarily for purposes of acknowledgment and exhibition. You are hereby apprised that no proprietary entitlements are vested in you concerning these records. Such records are inherently transient, with a typical expiration period of one year. The archival records of competition accolades and standings bear no monetary significance, are intrinsically aligned with the specific competition, and are non-exchangeable for any material currency nor eligible for any form of restitution. The award documentation bestowed upon you by us accords you a personal, non-exclusive, non-assignable, non-sublicensable, revocable, and circumscribed right to access Virtual Content, exclusively in conjunction with your utilization of the relevant services proffered by World Classical Music Ltd.
2. In our perpetual pursuit of competition excellence, and to ensure their integrity, pleasure, and safety, we retain an absolute discretion to alter, reposition, expunge, or rescind any or all competition records, in totality or in part, at any given moment, with or without antecedent notice to you, absolving us of any consequent liabilities. On occasion, we may recalibrate the presentation modality of records (for instance, revising the minimum competition wins required for websites listing). We categorically disavow any ostensible or inferred valuation, fiscal or otherwise, pertaining to data domiciled on servers within our purview or governance, encompassing any award histories associated with you.
3. For the excision of any competition award history or record affiliated with you, please request a removal by writing to us.
Please contact us if you have any questions about this T&C. If you wish to contact us, please send an email to email@example.com or write to us at Office 303b 10 Courtenay Road East Lane Wembley Ha9 7nd, England And Wales, Vat 431136143, Crn 14356008.